Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A typical Tuesday ....

Last night I scrunched my hair so I wouldn't have to do much to it this morning.  Normally scrunching my hair works really well.  I take the clips out and wa-la! Scrunchy hair. I really like to do my hair like this because it's low maintenance throughout the day, and it makes my hair look thicker.  Today however, it looked horrible! I swear I did it exactly how I normally do . . .  it was so bad! I decided to just deal with it for physiology.  For work, I like to look decent, so something had to be done.  I decided to pull it into a side braid, and it was like poof! Cute hair! I was actually amazed at how good it looked. I'll definitely be doing it again.

This is my attempt to take a picture of my hair. Have you ever tried to take a picture of the back of your head? It's quite difficult!

Today for lunch my dad took our family to Sushi. I've had it once before and liked it a lot.  Megan was not happy about it.  She ordered a bowl of plain rice, ha :) The waitress was dropping waters off at our table, and somehow managed to knock two glasses of water onto me and Cody. I was soaked! (For some reason I'm reminded of Sam;) She felt so bad!  We just laughed about it and told her not to worry about it.  You could literally ring water out of my shirt.  After lunch I had to go home and change my pants and underwear.  I must say, dry clothes never felt so good :)

Good news!  So our HR assistant and work is having surgery in June, so she'll be out for 6 weeks, which means I'll be able to work full time! yay!  This is especially good if the trip back east Kathy and I are planning works out :) more details on that later.

So tonight I got home about 5ish, and was the only one home. I was so bored!!! My apartment is quite lonely when I'm the only one there.  So in my boredom I was attempting to learn some songs on the guitar.  One song I came across today is called 'Sing Along' by the Janedear Girls - I absolutely love it.  The only problem was that since it's so new, no one's put the tabs online yet.  But, you see, my amazing friend Todd learned to play guitar and piano basically by ear.  I texted him and he came over and in five minutes had all the chords figured out.  It sounds exactly like the song. Wow. Mind blown.  His skills are amazing.  Thank you Todd :) 
 Todd and I boating last September.  Todd was one of my first friends this year, and definitley one of my best.  He has a way of always making me smile :)


Because Heidi, Kathy and I are against being productive tonight, we've just been goofing around. Kathy decided she likes doing dishes much better while singing, so I played the guitar and ukulele and the three of us sang.  Jamming out in the kitchen is definitely something I'll miss :(
Heidi and Kathy are two of my favorite people ever, and I'm so grateful they're my roommates.  Sadly I'm not living with either of them next year :( Oh how I love these girls!

Rachelle's coming back tomorrow!  She's been at home for her spring break.  She's student teaching, so she's on their schedule for breaks.  It's been kinda weird having my own room . . .  But this does mean that I need to clean before she gets here! Because she hasn't been here, I haven't been as motivated to pick my stuff up, and this is what happens:

I've just remembered I didn't write about General Conference.  It's a bit late tonight, so I'll try to remember to write about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment