I meant to blog about this week's FHE on Monday, but it didn't happen, so I'll do it now. Mark and Rachel are my FHE 'parents'. I must say they're amazing. Seriously, a couple of times they've given a lesson that's exactly what I needed to hear.
This isn't the best picture of either of them, but I didn't want anyone else in it. I seriously love these two, and I admire them and look up to them so much.
This week we were at the Bishop's house. They gave a lesson on opportunity, and not being passive in life. It kind of was a smack in the face, I know it was meant for me. It was seriously exactly what I needed to hear. I think my biggest problem with opportunity is fear. I get so comfortable with where I am, that change terrifies me. I like my life, so why change? But if I don't ever change, I can't grow. This life is all about progressing, and even though it's scary at times, with God we can do anything.
This is the handout they gave us at FHE:Opportunity
Determine your situations - don't let them determine you
- Do not allow yourself to let life's great journeys and lessons pass by because of slothfulness
- Be productive and let every day be a witness of your work
- Do not allow yourself to miss out on what life has to offer you
- Educate yourself about what is available to you
- Do not allow excuses for life's mishaps and injustices consume you
- Be true to who you are and be honest with yourself
- Do not allow excuses to limit you, instead eliminate your excuses
- Do those things that seem impossible in the moment
Allow the Atonement of Christ to PERFECT and HEAL you in Every circumstance you find yourself in.
I can't wait for General Conference this weekend. I've been praying for some specific things lately, and I know that Conference will be super helpful. Personal Revelation is an amazing gift. I LOVE the gospel SOOOOOO much.