This past weekend was really good. Saturday I was really, really happy, for no particular reason.I cleaned my room, read a book (The List - Go read it), went shopping with my family, and then came home. I then went over to Mitch's apartment with Stacy and Steve. We ran to Best Buy, Jamba, and then Smith's to get supplies for Gingerbread houses. We baked legit gingerbread, it was pretty sweet. We watched the movie 21, and then stayed there until 2:30am (not super smart). But we did have a pretty good conversation.
Sunday we had church at 10 (Amazing) because we were combined with three other wards. I then went home and wrapped presents for 2 hours for my mom, and then had dinner with my family. When I got home we went back over to Mitch's and built and decorated our gingerbread house.
Spoons for support!
This is from our Roommate Gift exchange
I also build Gingerbread houses last week with the Lewis's :)
Cory's spike windows :)
We're pretty cool :)
Today's been a little different. For some reason I woke up at 1:30 in the morning from a dream that just left me feeling awful. It took me about a half hour to fall back asleep again, and that was after listening to Church music and reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon. The rest of the day has been just a little weird, I guess I'm feeling a little discouraged. Work was fine (I actually finished another book), and I've been watching Megan while my parents went to test drive a car. I really don't like days when I feel like this. It makes me feel ungrateful for all the many blessings I do have. Do you ever feel like you're putting on a face for other people? I kinda feel like that today - I'm acting happy because some people think I always am.
I rediscovered this song today, and I'm a bit addicted again. It's the perfect song for a day like this.
Today I've really been missing people. Jordan and Kathy are on missions, Rachelle's home, Rachel's getting married, Mckenna's getting married, Aubree's having a baby, and someone else just isn't ever around anymore. I miss the really great conversations I'd have with all of them. Don't get me wrong, I have great conversations with my friends now (especially Paula :D - love her to death), but my current group of friends doesn't ever have the super good/deep conversations we had last year, which I miss so much.
It's time for another Awkward and Awesome Thursday!!! Inspired by Sydney over at TheDaybook
- The guy at swing dancing last night who combined the Deacon Shuffle, the Cha Cha, the Waltz, normal swing, and tons of things I've never seen before all into one awkward dance. It may sound kinda cool, but it was not. Trust me on this.
- My house is constantly cold, so I decided to install clear window insulators. How is this awkward? It involved me standing in front of three open windows at night with the blinds open, blow drying the window. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy.
- The kid that just came to the front counter and stood right next to the other kid I was currently helping. We both looked over at him; he then backs up and apologized. Personal space and classified info dude! Update: This kid has now come up to me and asked dumb questions six times. I fear for his future. He also introduced himself and shook my hand. Strange.
- Trying to understand people on the phone with super thick accents. You can only say 'what' so many times before you start feeling stupid.
- Ice. I was walking home, wearing my super cute black black boots (sadly with no traction) when out of nowhere BAM! Flat on my butt - no chance to save myself.
- Somehow I always manage to sound like an idiot in front of one particular boy. It's a shame I like him. Oh well, maybe he thinks it's funny.
- The 'developments' I keep telling Paula about. I'm pretty sure I need a code name for this. It's not super awkward (yet at least) . . . but it has the potential to be.
- Fuzzy socks. Seriously, these have been the only thing keeping my feel within normal body temperature range. They are amazing. Everyone should own them.
- Picture text messages. They're basically just awesome. I probably send them way more often than I should, but I get a kick out of them :)
- I can now say I've helped build a concrete canoe. No joke. I didn't think it was physically possible for cement to float, but apparently it does. Who knew?
- Hot chocolate. I may be slightly addicted. Not only does it keep your hands warm, it is also a great way to socialize with friends :)
- Free movie tickets. Who wouldn't love this? My super cool roommate Stacy got us all free tickets to a pre-screening of the movie 'New Year's Eve'. It pretty much rocks :)
- Christmas is in 17 days. When did this happen?!?! Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, and I especially love going to my Grandma's house in Wyoming like we are this year. If only I could figure out what to get my mom and sister for Christmas.
- White Elephant gift exchanges. I think they're one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I gave three Orlando Bloom posters and an Orlando puzzle. So glad a boy got it :)
- My Brother's done with 1/4 of his Mission. Crazy! Sometimes it feels like he just left, and sometimes it feels like he's been gone forever. He's loving it so much, and I'm so grateful for his example.
So, back when I was actually doing Thankful November (For the whole week I did it), Stephanie was miffed I didn't include her in my roommate post. I told her I'd dedicate an entire post to her later in the month, and well, we all know what happened to that . . .
So, since I didn't do this post earlier, I figured I should probably do it now :)
Where to start with Stephanie? I guess the beginning is probably good. Steph is my closest sibling, both in age and who I talk to the most, as well as being one of my very best friends. We're 20 months apart, but I was only a year ahead of her in school. Being this close in age we've always had a lot of the same friends, especially in High School and College. We also ended up sharing a lot of things - a bathroom, straighteners, clothes, shoes, etc. I can tell you it's very beneficial to your wardrobe to have a sister close in age :)
But, besides all of those things, Steph and I share tons of less materialistic things. We share a love for the piano, ice cream, the Lewis family, decorating, stalking cute boys on facebook, good music, late night conversation, family stories, Psych, laughter, and so much more.
Steph and I have the ability to just look at each other and know what the other is thinking. It's pretty sweet.
While I don't think it would ever be a good idea for Steph and I to share a room again, I do miss living with her. So many times she'd be in bed and I'd come in wanting to talk. Half the time she's be half asleep and talking back, or telling me to leave the room. I know she secretly misses me coming in every night ;)
It's kinda funny having so many of the same friends, just because of the way they perceive us sometimes. With Steph, I never really get mad at her. I can get annoyed, but I'm never actually mad. Sometimes people think we're arguing, but really we're just discussing things in louder voices than normal. I must say of the most annoying things in the world is for someone to say something about us 'fighting' or 'arguing'. We're never actually mad at each other, and having someone say something about it will make me mad at them, not Steph. I'd say we get along pretty well overall :)
Stephanie is definitely one of my favorite people. She's pretty darn neat. She's very feisty - she knows what she wants. She's also is fiercely loyal. You really don't want to get onto her bad side ;) She also makes super cool cakes. I got a Dobby cake for my birthday which I know you're all super jealous of. She's a bit gullible, and can be ditsy at times, but she is really smart. Steph is also one of the most giving people you'll ever meet. I'm pretty sure all of her friends have been at the receiving ends of her cookies at least once. If you're friends with Steph, consider yourself very lucky :) Steph is also stinkin' hilarious. I know she doesn't mean to be all the time, but she really is. She has a great laugh, and uses it a lot. She is also willing to do anything for anyone. She does things for me all the time, and I know I take her for granted. She's always willing to bring me things I've left at home, and she also brings me lunch a lot :) I can also talk to Steph about anything, and we seriously have the best conversations and inside jokes.
All in all, Stephanie is basically awesome. She's quirky and weird at times, but so loving and kind. I'm definitely very lucky and blessed to have her as my sister.
Thanks Steph, for being the greatest sister I could ask for - through our awkward stages and all! :)
Okay, I know, I've failed at this whole Thankful November thing. I've found that when I feel like I have to do something, I find any excuse not to do it. I told myself I had to blog every day and poof! Blog failure. I'll probably write another blog after this about Thanksgiving in general, but the whole Thankful November thing was kind of a fail.
So, instead of writing another Thankful blog, I decided to do another Dear Boys, because those are much more fun :) (And I was inspired by Kaylee's:D)
I miss you . . . like a lot. We haven't had a real conversation
since the beginning of October. Let's go back to being real friends, k?
Miss your face, Michelle
Seeing you at work seriously makes my day every time :)
Love your face! Let's play more, for reals this time.
Dear Guy in my Dad's Ward,
I'd never seen you before last Monday, and now I've seen you like
five times. I'm not stalking you, I promise. . . . maybe you're stalking
me. Jk :)
I think I could like you . . . maybe. . . I'm not so sure yet. But I sure do
enjoy hanging out and being friends. We'll see what happens.
Dear Ward Boy,
I found a pin on pintrest that made me think of you, not to be creepy or anything . . .
You are hilarious and so much fun. You definitely make Sunday nights
Dear Dislocated Rib,
Please go back into place! I never knew how important it was that
you stayed there. I'll never take you for granted again!
Pretty please, Michelle
Dear all boys,
Yes, I'm single, but you're going to have to be pretty awesome
to change that. And you'll probably have to try hard . . . I kinda suck at flirting.
Music is one of the best things in this life. I listen to music every day without fail. Music has a way of being able to express your feelings in ways that words aren't capable of. Whether it's church music or everyday music, it has the power to make the day better.
Some of my favorite artists of the moment are: Parachute, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, McFly, and tons of others. Lately we've been on a bit of a 80's and 90's music kick, it's tons of fun :) There's nothing like having a dance party in your kitchen to 90's boy band music, hahahaha :)
Today I'm thankful for 25 hour long birthdays. You see, daylight saving's time is today, so my birthday was an extra hour long. I am so cool :)
Other things that are great about today:
Everyone in church telling me happy birthday. I have no idea how they all knew, but I quite enjoyed and appreciated it. I also love logging on to facebook on my birthday. There's just something about seeing over 40 people posting on your wall that makes you feel good :) Dinner today was awesome. My mom made roast with potatoes, carrots, nutmeg beans, rolls, and green stuff, with raspberry pound cake for dessert. It was all amazing, and I ate way too much. We then opened presents. I got the most adorable boots ever, a super cute purse, earrings, black tights, a sweater, and a new ipod tuner. I'm super excited about everything. My mom really did a great job this year.
I came home before ward prayer and my mom fixed my sewing machine :) We then went to ward prayer, had sweet treats at some guys' apartment, and then played games at our house. Games was seriously insane! If we counted all the people that came and left, we'd have had about 40 people at our house. We played Werewolves and it was freaking hilarious. Mark, Adam, and Andrew stopped by and it was super good to see them. Mark game me a hug but jumped up and left the ground; I thought I was going to fall over, ha. It was super good to see them. I definitely need to play with them soon, I really miss them.
Overall, it has been a fantastic birthday - all 25 hours of it :)