Sunday, April 10, 2011

Meet Frank

This is Frank.  He is some sort of tropical plant I bought at Sam's club for $2.50. What a steal! He actually looks much better now than when I bought him.


What's so great about Frank, you might ask.  Well, you see, I have a history of killing plants . . .
Not on purpose, of course.  I just have really bad luck with potted plants.  To date, I've killed two bamboos and a palm tree. But just look at how beautiful Frank is!  We did have a close call when he was all wilty when I got back from Thanksgiving break, but I saved him. Hopefully with Frank I've erased my bad luck with plants.   I mean, I'm going to be a mom someday, and if I can't handle keeping a house plant alive how in the world am I going to keep a kid alive?!?!
Baby steps people :)

On another subject, Church was amazing today.  Heidi taught a great lesson in Relief Society, Sunday School was awesome, and I LOVED Sacrament meeting.  I seriously have the most stellar ward ever. As soon as Bishop Bennett sat down, about 12 people got up.  The meeting was so Spiritual and awesome, I'm going to be so sad not to be in this ward later.

Funny story! Today after church Rachelle and I were in our room and we hear the door open and close downstairs. We knew someone had come in, so we yelled 'Hellooooooooo?' down the stairs - no answer. We yelled again, and still no answer.  I walked down the stairs and looked right to see Tyson, Todd and Justin (The Elders Quorum Presidency) standing there just staring at me. Saying nothing, they slowly walked towards me, until I was against the wall. The entire time I was trying not to laugh as they continued to stare.  When we were all standing in a nice little circle against the wall, Tyson hands me a flyer about the fireside tonight. "Going?" he asked rather sternly.  I replied yes. How could I not with the entire Elders Quorum Presidency staring me down? Hahaha, it was quite hilarious and made my afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment