Friday, January 18, 2013

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

The past couple of days I've heard the funniest things from some kids. Yesterday I went to a place called The Jump Zone, which is basically a giant indoor trampoline park. There's also dodge ball and giant foam pits you can flip into. Yes, it's as cool and fun as it sounds. Even if you're grown up:) While I was there we were in the dodge ball area when four boys who looked like they were about nine or ten joined us. One of them promptly came up and got in front of me declaring, "I"m going to protect the girl 'cause girls always get creamed!" He then said, "I'll be here body guard, she'll be our Queen!" I about died laughing it was so funny and very sweet. A couple of the other boys were pretty good at trash talking. A couple of things I heard them say were "What are you a tennis player?" and something about someone being a sock model . . . I never quite caught the rest of it.

Today my own sister Meggie was quite hilarious herself. We were sitting at Center Street Grill eating dinner when she did the whole routine of tying a knot in her straw wrapper and pulling it to see if someone was thinking about her. It came out clean so of course someone must have been thinking about her. I asked her if it was Kip, her best friend whom she's told us since age two she's going to marry.
 "Nope, that's over," she told me emphatically.
"What? When did this happen?" I asked, quite surprised.
"It just seems like I'm growing up and  he's not. I mean, he still likes Curious George."
And she's all of ten, hahaha. I about died laughing it was so funny. Apparently when you're ten Curious George is so not cool, so she couldn't possibly think about wanting to marry a boy who still liked it. Oh her teenage years are going to be sooooooooooooo much fun ;)

Love this crazy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment