Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Day of Friendship!

Happy Day of Friendship! (yesterday, technically). This is what Kaylee wrote to me on Facebook yesterday along with this picture.
While this may seem like a strange picture and a random day (January 13), but it is all very significant. Kaylee and I became friends in 7th grade, right when Lord of the Rings was big. Like all 12 year-old girls we were a bit obsessed with celebrities, especially Mr. Bloom. Our love for him increased when in 9th grade he played the dashing Will in Pirates of the Caribbean. Orlando was definitely one the of the many things we bonded over, although all the embarrassing details don't need to be here on the Internet. January 13th is his lovely day of birth, and every year we try to get together and celebrate by having brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's our self designated friendship day. While we weren't together yesterday, the next time we are there will definitely be some mint chocolate chip ice cream and brownies in celebration. We still think he's ridiculously attractive, but we've grown up a bit (and so has he), so we're not obsessive like we used to be, but he'll always be our symbol of our friendship. Him and brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream :)

1 comment:

  1. I seriously got the biggest of warm fuzzies over this :) My laptop has been down thanks to me forgetting to bring my power cord back to Provo with me (oops) but I got it today and saw this happy post :) I'm so excited for when I get to see you again! Lets play soon, mkay??

    ReplyDelete