Friday, January 18, 2013

Answers

Have you ever had a prayer answered you didn't actually vocalize? It may have been just a worry or a thought, but Heavenly Father answered you anyway? That happened to me this past week. I was feeling frustrated and worried about a few things in my life and I decided to read my Patriarchal Blessing and then flipped open my scriptures randomly. I ended up in Alma 37 and read verses 16-17 which read : '16: But if you keep the commandments of God, and do with these things which are sacred according to that which the Lord doth command you, (for you must appeal unto the Lord for all things whatsoever ye must do with them) behold, no power of earth or hell can take them from you, for God is powerful to the fulfilling of all his words. 17: For he will fulfill all his promises which he shall make unto you, for he has fulfilled his promises which he has made unto our fathers.'

These two verses were exactly what I needed to hear. I hadn't prayed specifically about what had been bothering me, but through His tender mercies Heavenly Father answered me anyway. I love how personal The Gospel is, and how much I can feel His love for me everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Why, yes, my dear. Tonight I got a prayer answered when one of my friends broke my heart, and I prayed and asked for help... and another friend texted me and said she's coming to visit! So... really, the gospel rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete