Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brave

(Frame on my wall)

Bravery is something I've been trying to improve on lately. I'm not talking about being brave as in riding roller coasters or cliff jumping. It's more bravery in just being me, especially around boys. Whenever I'm interested in a boy he rarely knows it. I'm so afraid of him thinking it's weird I like him it's almost like I make an effort not to flirt with him. It's so much easier to flirt with someone I'm not interested in because it doesn't matter as much. I don't feel it's necessarily a self esteem thing; I like myself quite a bit actually. But for some reason whenever it comes to guys I suck at being brave.

A little while ago Tyler Ward poster something on twitter that really hit home. He said, "It's scary to take chances. But if you don't, you're an idiot. Life is too short to worry about the 'the what if'?"

I've realized I don't want to constantly be thinking, 'what if?' What if I had let them know I liked them? What if I had been more out going? What if I had made more of an effort? I found this pin on Pintrest that has definitely helped my perspective on a lot of things:


I don't want to look back and regret the things I didn't do. I'm sure I'll make mistakes, and I'm sure I'll be hurt, but without taking risks I'll never change and I'll never know what could happen. After all, if you want something different you have to do something you haven't done before.

So here's to being brave in all aspects of my life, but especially with boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment