Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

This week's been a bit of a lazy week for me. I work until 5, I get home and make dinner, and then I usually don't feel like doing anything. Sure I've done things like cleaning my room and the dishes, but that's about it. I'm pretty sure my freezing cold house is what keeps me from feeling motivate to do anything but sit in a blanket and drink hot chocolate. Last night Stacy, Paula, and I watched Monte Carlo. It's a cheesy chick flick, but I love it. It's so adorable, and lets us fantasize about traveling to Europe and meeting gorgeous men :) After the movie was over we just sat in the dark in our living room talking and eating brownie bites, courtesy of Stacy.  It was quite relaxing being all bundled up and sitting in the dark, hahah. We're so cool, jk ;)

One thing I did learn this week is to trust my instincts. How so? Well I made homemade mac and cheese last night. The original recipe called for nutmeg, which I thought was a bit odd. Did I listen to myself and not add it? Nope. I added it, and I can now tell you that nutmeg should NEVER be added to mac and cheese. It just doesn't belong! Sadly my mac and cheesy goodness was ruined by that nutmeg. Moral of the story? Listen to your gut feeling, even if it's just mac and cheese.

I can't believe I almost forgot! Today is January 13th. Why does this matter? No, I'm not talking about Friday the 13th and bad luck and all that jazz. January 13th is awesome because it's Orlando Bloom's Birthday! Ever since about 8th grade, my friend Kaylee and I have been celebrating his birthday. It used to consist of us watching his movies and eating large amounts of brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream doused in chocolate syrup. What better party is there than that? Hopefully we'll at least be able to fit in the ice cream this year :)
And people wonder why we love him

No comments:

Post a Comment