Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In Honor of Stephanie

So, back when I was actually doing Thankful November (For the whole week I did it), Stephanie was miffed I didn't include her in my roommate post. I told her I'd dedicate an entire post to her later in the month, and well, we all know what happened to that . . .

So, since I didn't do this post earlier, I figured I should probably do it now :)

Where to start with Stephanie? I guess the beginning is probably good. Steph is my closest sibling, both in age and who I talk to the most, as well as being one of my very best friends. We're 20 months apart, but I was only a year ahead of her in school. Being this close in age we've always had a lot of the same friends, especially in High School and College. We also ended up sharing a lot of things - a bathroom, straighteners, clothes, shoes, etc. I can tell you it's very beneficial to your wardrobe to have a sister close in age :)

But, besides all of those things, Steph and I share tons of less materialistic things. We share a love for the piano, ice cream, the Lewis family, decorating, stalking cute boys on facebook, good music, late night conversation, family stories, Psych, laughter, and so much more.

Steph and I have the ability to just look at each other and know what the other is thinking. It's pretty sweet.

While I don't think it would ever be a good idea for Steph and I to share a room again, I do miss living with her. So many times she'd be in bed and I'd come in wanting to talk. Half the time she's be half asleep and talking back, or telling me to leave the room. I know she secretly misses me coming in every night ;)

It's kinda funny having so many of the same friends, just because of the way they perceive us sometimes. With Steph, I never really get mad at her. I can get annoyed, but I'm never actually mad. Sometimes people think we're arguing, but really we're just discussing things in louder voices than normal. I must say of the most annoying things in the world is for someone to say something about us 'fighting' or 'arguing'. We're never actually mad at each other, and having someone say something about it will make me mad at them, not Steph. I'd say we get along pretty well overall :)

Stephanie is definitely one of my favorite people. She's pretty darn neat. She's very feisty - she knows what she wants. She's also is fiercely loyal. You really don't want to get onto her bad side ;) She also makes super cool cakes. I got a Dobby cake for my birthday which I know you're all super jealous of. She's a bit gullible, and can be ditsy at times, but she is really smart. Steph is also one of the most giving people you'll ever meet. I'm pretty sure all of her friends have been at the receiving ends of her cookies at least once. If you're friends with Steph, consider yourself very lucky :) Steph is also stinkin' hilarious. I know she doesn't mean to be all the time, but she really is. She has a great laugh, and uses it a lot. She is also willing to do anything for anyone. She does things for me all the time, and I know I take her for granted. She's always willing to bring me things I've left at home, and she also brings me lunch a lot :) I can also talk to Steph about anything, and we seriously have the best conversations and inside jokes.

All in all, Stephanie is basically awesome. She's quirky and weird at times, but so loving and kind. I'm definitely very lucky and blessed to have her as my sister.

Thanks Steph, for being the greatest sister I could ask for - through our awkward stages and all! :)

Enjoy the copious amount of photos below
  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment