Thursday, October 13, 2011

Let's Run Away to an Island . . .

Originally I was going to write this post last night, but I was way too tired. Hopefully I can remember everything I wanted to write then.

Can I just start off by saying that dating sucks? It really does. I know that when you're married you'll still have problems in your life and tons of stress that you don't have when you're single, but at least you know you're gonna be with that person forever.

I'm pretty sure guys in Cache Valley don't date. Besides the date I went on on Tuesday (Which there isn't gonna be a second date. Is it horrible that I want to have the same goals in life? If you're not going to school, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna work), the last date I went on was in March. I've had a close guy friend tell me that if girls don't go on dates it's their own fault. How in the world is it our fault? Yes, some girls don't date because they're antisocial and don't talk to guys, or they don't act interested at all. However, I don't think I'm any of those things. I attend all my ward activities, I talk to people, and I think I'm a fairly friendly person. My roommate Paula also has the same problem. She's way more friendly and outgoing than I am, I swear she knows everyone, and she still doesn't get asked on dates either. It's also frustrating being a girl, I feel like we don't have much control over the situation. If a guy wants to go on a date he just goes and asks someone. We just sit and wait. Lame. Honestly, I have no idea how people get married. I'm pretty sure it's a miracle.

Speaking of marriage, the above mentioned guy friend has told me a couple times that he doesn't know why me and my roommates aren't married. I also had a guy at the bridal fair say I'm too cute not to get married. So, apparently I'm pretty enough, so it must just be my personality .... right. None of us are married because guys don't ask us on dates. There are some girls that go on dates all the time, and there are others that don't ever go.  If anyone knows why guys are idiots, please tell me. I'd love to know.

So, I've pretty much decided that I should never hold hands with a guy . . . ever. Somehow it just never goes well for me - I think I'm cursed. The first guy I held hands with turned into a jerk shortly after. The next guy I held hands with basically ignored me and didn't talk to me at all after. And this last one, well I'm not really sure. We're friends, and that's basically all I know. Sometimes he acts like he wants more, and then he doesn't. I've tried being patient and seeing what he wants, but I'm ready to just be done with guys forever.

Maybe I should run away to our Island and bring Steph, Elina, Heidi, Kaylee, Paula, Rachelle, Stacy and Stacey. Sadly Rachel can't come because she went and got engaged on us.

3 comments:

  1. I very glad I was included on the island. :)

    Um... So. I have an idea. A wickedly brilliant idea. It involves dressing head-to-toe in black, painting zorro masks over our eyes (because real ones get really obnoxious), a few dozen cans of silly string, Justin Bieber posters, a carton of eggs, and... maybe a ball peen hammer.

    I agree. People just DON'T ask people on dates anymore. I think we should go on friend dates and just go out to get shakes or something like the good ol' days. Going on dates doesn't HAVE to be a serious ordeal. It can just be "Hey! You're my pal... I want to spend time with you. Let me buy you some ice cream and we can talk about life."

    Honestly.

    P.S. My family got a trailer thing... and I think we should have a sleepover and relive the good ol' days, haha! I miss you like crazy. I think we should ACTUALLY try to do something. And you'd BETTER come to my birthday party! hahaha...

    LOVE YOU!!!!!!! Chin up, chic. We'll figure out the island thing. In the meantime, we will enact "Plan Beiber"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say how much I love "Plan Beiber?" I laughed out loud when I read it! Seriously, it's the best thing I've ever heard :) Yes, let's do it!

    I think dating freaks guys out. For some reason they think they have to be in love with the girl to ask her out. Lame. Let's send them all away to Siberia or something . . .

    We definitely need to have a sleepover! Yes! Bring back the good old memories of middle school :) Oh, I'm definitely coming to your party. I'll watch Cody perform, then I'll be there :)

    LOVE YOU TOO! I'm so glad we're friends :)

    Let's do something this next week (Besides your party of course). I think next Friday night we're going camping up Logan canyon if you'd like to join us. We're going with just a bunch of girls, because honesly, who needs boys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... no one needs boys! hahaha. :) I think next weekend I'm having a sleepover (maybe...) but if that doesn't work out, I think camping would be WAY fun! :) But... let's plan something... um... lunch? :) haha, or ... something. Let's make dinner or something sometime?

    I think Siberia sounds like an excellent location for boys. Let's go back in time and capture the unwed Mr. Bloom and then spend a while with him. Yeah? :)

    I'm glad we're friends, too. I really have missed you. A lot. Like... aching inside kind of missing.

    ReplyDelete