Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm really bad at titles . . .

Apparently being engaged is great. Josh (Rachel's fiance) tells me so all the time.  Yesterday in church he was like, "Michelle, what guys do you think are cute? Give me three names or faces, and I'll go talk to them after." I was like, no way am I telling you who I think is cute! Apparently he just wants everyone else to be as happy as him and Rachel are, which is great. But, I highly doubt that him going and telling some guy to ask me out would go over super well. He also wants to set me up with a friend of his. He kept going on and on about how he's buff, the things he likes to do, and how his last girlfriend lived in Provo and he drove to see her all the time.  However, he also told me that he knows the Church is true, but doesn't take it super seriously, so he didn't go on a mission. Why would I want to date someone who doesn't take the church super seriously, even if they do know it's true? The Church should be the most important thing in someone's life if they truly believe in it. It's like the last guy I went on a date with - our priorities aren't anywhere in the same place. This guy just added me on facebook, which I think is a little weird. I don't know him, and I'm not really interested. I'm pretty sure Josh isn't super good at this whole 'setting people up' thing. He really shouldn't try to be Yenta.

Yesterday I was called to be an FHE group leader in my ward. I laughed a little on the inside, because I've been in FHE for the past two years. At least I know how to get it done. The kid that's my partner seems pretty cool too. Our group is gonna rock, just sayin' :)

This past weekend was pretty fun. Wednesday night Daniel, Caleb and Myles randomly showed up at our house. We hung out, laughed at everything, and took pictures of people just shaking their face, which are so ugly! Paula, Stacy and I then had an 80's dance party in my room :)


 We then ran over to Mark's house and watched the second episode of Psych. Psych is probably my favorite TV show in the history of ever. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, go watch it! Thursday night we went bowling for free, courtesy of Stacey who gets free passes. I bowled a 98 for a lovely 2nd place finish :) Rachelle came up to visit which was way fun. I miss her! Friday night we went up the canyon and had a campfire complete with hot dogs, s'mores, and cobbler.  I washed my hair three times in the shower, and it still smelled like smoke. Lame. Saturday I helped Mark and Paula sew a ginormous screen to watch an outside movie on. I'm talking extremely huge here. It was made from 7 sheets and it took up the entire front of Mark's apartment. It was pretty epic.


We watched X-Men: First Class, which was really good. I've only seen a couple parts of the last one, so it was nice to watch the first one. It ended up getting a bit cold, but it was definitely worth it. Sunday was pretty chill. Church was really, really good. There weren't a whole ton of people there due to fall break, but it was still super good. After church Elina and I went to my house and had dinner. It's amazing how much more you appreciate good food after moving out, especially when you don't have to make it. We all then went to Ward Prayer, and then played games at our apartment. Somehow our apartment became the ward game place, with Paula as its leader :) I quite enjoy it. We don't actually have to go any where, which is fabulous. The people in our ward are way fun, and I'm really enjoying getting to know them.

The decorations in our living room are almost finished! I'm quite excited at it :) I only have one wall to go. Our big collage actually turned out exactly how I wanted it to. I remember seeing something like it on a blog somewhere, and was impressed that we got it to look just as good.


I should probably take a better picture without the glare but this works for now. Aren't we so cute? I like us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment