Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thank you for Calling

Last week was interesting for me.  I didn't go to work Wed - Friday. Instead I was helping my mom out with some projects around the house, and working on a surprise for Elina and Steph.  When they get here and see them, I'll post pics here :) I'm quite excited about them, I really want them to get back so they can seem them.

The past two days I've been filling in for our receptionist at work who's been out sick. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be saying "(Insert place of work) Logan Division" when I answer my cell phone. For some reason every time I want to say "Thank you for calling", I'm not sure why.  I really don't know how she does it every day.  I quickly run out of news articles to read on the Internet, and you can only do so many Sudoku puzzles before your brain turns to mush.  Luckily this has given me plenty of time to look up things to do in NYC for my upcoming trip.  I'm so excited, it's quite ridiculous.  It's going to be epic :)

Besides working and projects, my life has been pretty boring.  Thursday I was able to go watch the final dress rehearsal for this year's Bandito show at Pickleville, which was hilarious.  I went with Heidi, and it was so good to spend some time with Aubree.  The show was hilarious, and I'm so excited to go again.  Besides that, it was a boring week.  I was really, really missing my friends.  Rachelle and Kathy are home, Rachel's in Connecticut, Steph and Elina are in Japan, Kaylee's doing an internship, and Mark's currently in Armenia.  I put my facebook status as something about missing my friends Sunday night, and I tagged them all in it.  Ten minutes later my phone rang.  I almost didn't answer it because it was a number I didn't recognize. When I answered it I was surprised to hear Mark's voice on the other end.  He saw what I had posted on fb and called me! (From Armenia, mind you).  Seriously, it made my week.  It was Sunday night for me, and he was just heading to breakfast Monday morning.  We didn't talk long, but it was so nice to be able to talk for a little bit.  Mark's one of my favorite people to talk to, which I've definitely missed since he's been gone.  We're going to Skype sometime this week, which should be awesome.

Later that night Steph also called me.  If you think about it, it's really quite amazing that I can talk instantly with someone in Armenia and Japan. Sometimes technology blows my mind a little bit . . .We talked for nearly an hour, because after a week and a half we had a lot to catch up on.  It seems like she's having a lovely time in Japan.  I wish I could have gone, but oh well.  Elina and Steph get here on Friday!!! I'm so excited! We're also spending the weekend in Park City :)

I seriously love my friends and family so much.  It really meant a lot that Steph and Mark took time to call me, when they're both busy in exciting places.  It was exactly what I needed, and I'm so grateful for them.

Wow, work is so boring, it's crazy.  I've received a whole two phone calls in the past hour.  There's also this creepy pink finger puppet thing that's been staring at me for the past two days . . . .


Luckily it's 4:24, so that means I get to leave in 36 minutes.  It's been a little bit of a shock to my system working full time for two days when I haven't worked since Tuesday.

Another thing I did last week was sew a star pillow and finish Aubree and Mckenna's aprons. (April's is almost done).  Now I get to start on one for me.  At least I've been productive since I've had no friends to play with.

A phone call! That makes three in an hour, we're moving up in the world people, slowly but surely.  Never mind it was someone here just wanting our HR manager's extension, it was still a phone call ;)  Some guy has now been standing in here reading a magazine for at least 10 minutes . . . you think he'd at least sit down.  Hmmmmm . . . . odd.

I think I over-use the words definitely and seriously.  And probably awesome as well, but I blame Mark for that one.

The man just left, and I'm alone once again.  It's actually quite awkward when it's just you and another person sitting in here in silence. This one guy was in here for half an hour earlier.  It made me want to open up a word document and start typing random crap so it at least sounded like I was busy. 

Anyways, as exciting as this has been, I've run out of boring things to write about.

4 comments:

  1. Hola! So... I've been gone all week camping in Vernal (with 36 kids, mind you) and I must say, I've missed you and your postings! For the record, I'm only an hour away... and I come home like... every weekend, haha. We should play! I want to hear about some of these adventures you're having, because... well, I do! You should also come visit me! We have a spare bedroom and everything. :) I'm quite boring, as I'm sure you know ;), but it could be fun :) We could even go to iFly! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like quite the adventure! I'm excited to hear about it :) I defintitely should come visit you! Hmmmmm, this weekend I'll probably be busy, and then I'm headed back east, but after that for sure. Whate are you doing on the 23rd? There's a free Parachute Concert in SLC if you want to come with me :) they're super good if you haven't heard of them.
    PS I love reading your blog, but I've been kinda crappy at commenting lately. I'll fix that asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the 23rd of June? I'm pretty sure I'm free as a bird that day. :) I'd love to go! Just let me know :) I'm jealous you get to go back east. I'm craving a good adventure! Other than waking up at 5:30 in de a.m. to the sound of kids trying to tear down my tent. :) Oh life. I miss you. You keep me sane, and with that in mind, one can only imagine how insane I get.

    Mucho loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! You will love them, it's going to be great! And it's free, you can't beat free :) 5:30 am eh? That sounds quite adventurous. I'm glad I can help keep you sane, hahaha :)
    For some reason it won't let me leave this comment unter my user, lame!

    ReplyDelete