Monday, June 20, 2011

Bored much?

It is currently 2:09pm Mountain Standard Time.  I've been sitting at this desk for six hours, with three more to go. I lead quite the exciting life. To entertain myself I've read every interesting news story on MSN, AOL, and Yahoo, read two magazines, blogged about man capris, organized my emails, and made a packing list for New York. It's been nice to have Mark's iPod touch (he let me borrow it while he's in Europe), because I can listen to it without headphones. I'm glad no one was in the front office when Julian Smith's 'I'm Reading a Book' came one, that would've prompted some odd looks.

Steph just came down to say hi and ask what kind of treat I want. Her jet lag's finally hitting her, so she's running an errand to avoid falling asleep.  I brought the book 'Emma' to read, but I'm afraid Jane Austen's writing might put me to sleep right now.

Two guys that are here several times a week just signed in.  They're a pretty funny pair. Apparently when Sandy's gone they're glad I'm down here, because someone else who covers for her doesn't have a sense of humor. Glad they like me :)

So, Steph just came down (much to quick to have gotten treats already) and told me that my mom just called.  Apparently April's (Heath's wife) sister was in a horrible car accident yesterday.  Both her and her husband have very serious injuries, and their five-year old boy was killed.  Luckily their 7 month old daughter wasn't hurt. I can't even imagine how hard that must be, for everyone involved.  Both parents are in the hospital, and their little boy isn't coming back. When things like this happen it makes me all the more grateful for the Plan of Salvation, and our knowledge of Eternal Families. It's just so sad for everyone involved. Prayers are definitely needed for April and Heath, and especially her family.

That kind of news always puts a damper on the day.  Besides that, it's been a boring, but good day.  The weather is gorgeous outside, which does make it harder to sit inside this office. There haven't been many phone calls, and no weird people have come in, which is definitely a bonus.  I really hate it when I page someone and they don't pick up the call.  Often they're not here, or can't hear the page, but I hate making people wait.  I don't have much control over it, so I hope the don't think I'm just putting them on hold and forgetting about them.

Just submitted a maintenance request form - I actually feel like I'm doing something when I do those. Yay for being helpful :)

Usually it's quite cold in here, but today's it's too warm. Lame. . . . . Just found out the air conditioner wasn't one, we'll see if I flipped the right button to fix it.

Maybe Steph's never coming back with treats . . .

Bored much?

Too bad my spinney chair isn't as comfy as the other chair in here

Oh! So, Steph's surprise was I cleaned her room, and got her some shoe organizers for her closet. It took me around 5 hours to clean it. It was kinda ridiculous.  I also changed the light bulb in her closet so she can actually see what she's doing.  A picture of the beautifully clean room will be posted when I get home :)

It seems to be getting cooler in here. . . . maybe it's the placebo affect.

For some reason this sticky note makes me want to touch it, just to see what happens. Delirium is setting it.

I am so tired of sitting here.  I have the strong desire to go running, probably because I can't right now. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment