Monday, June 6, 2011

Catching Up

Wow, I'm super behind on this blog.  I don't even have a good reason to be, well besides laziness . . .

So, I graduated! Weird, I know. It still doesn't seem real.  Of course I don't have my real diploma yet, it comes in the mail this summer.  Maybe then . ..

Graduation was a bit crazy, a bit boring, and fun.  The morning grad ceremony with everyone was actually quite boring.  It was hard to stay awake, especially since we'd stayed up super late cleaning our apartment.  For lunch I went to Great Harvest with Mark and his sister Ashlee, Steph, Kathy, Rachel, Daniel, and Caleb.  After that we all went back to the spectrum for my actual college graduation.  I'd say it was quite successful, there was no tripping involved!

After graduation everyone came out to my house for a graduation party.  Rachelle and I did it combined, which was fun.  We ate tons of good food, and just talked and laughed.  Of course we had a cake, and of course Mark shoved our faces into it :) Thanks to mom for capturing the perfect moment,
After most of the family left we played volley ball in the front yard, which was tons of fun. 

The rest of May is a bit of a whirlwind.  The week after graduation Rachel, Rachelle, and Kathy came up to visit.  We had a dance party Friday night, and then went to Health days with Mark, Daniel and Caleb on Saturday.

 Gotta love awkward dancing pictures
 Mark super excited to jump on the trampoline thing
 Snowies! Mark's is as big as his head
 After FHE we were bored and decided to chalk Mark's apartment - Here's Unis the Unicorn :)
 We went and saw Pirates in 3D - Oh and I chopped 6 inches off my hair

 Mckenna's lovely birthday cake. Happy 20th birthday Kenna!
 At Jordan's farewell we the four girls all together in the first time in forever! Pictures ensued.

 Happy 19th birthday Jordan! He got his 'cool' cake the day after his birthday. Love the misc candles.
 Saturday the 29th I spent about 4 hours shopping with Mark for things for Europe.  We also ate lunch at the Crepery with Andrew, Daniel, and Caleb. We then decided to buy kites from the dollar store.  Needless to say, 50 cent kites don't fly to well .. . .

Sunday night Steph and I went over to Mark's to say goodbye.  We talked, watched him pack, and played Mucks and Hand and Food.  It was tons of fun.  I'm checking a suitcase for Mark when we go back east, so he was taking it down to my car and accidentally locked himself out.  This was quite bad, because it was after midnight and he was supposed to be leaving for Europe at 4:30 am.  Luckily Daniel was there and he climbed up the building and was able to card into the balcony door.

Mark leaving was the beginning of everyone leaving me this week. He left Monday morning, Jordan left Wednesday, and Steph left Thursday.  Mark and I did tons of things together in May.  We saw Thor and Pirates, we went to lunch, discovered the Crepery, played Poole, lots of Poole, watched some movies and my house, and played Racquette ball.  He's one of my best friends, and I miss him tons and he's only been gone a week :(

 Bella modeling our 3D glasses

(Cody's the second drummer in the front on the left)

 Tuesday Cody played at Sky View's graduation.  This makes 5 years in a row I've gone to graduation, and we'll be there next year for Cody.

Wednesday we had the opportunity to take Jordan to the MTC.  We at lunch at Sizzler before with my Uncle Matt, Aunt Abbie, and their four kids, along with my grandma Nelson.  We were then able to meet my Dad's sister Nettie at the Temple just before we drove Jordan in.  It was good, and I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. I guess we all got our crying out the night before when he was Set Apart.  The Stake President set him apart at our house, and it was a really neat experience.

Jordan will be at the MTC for approximately 3 weeks, and then he flies out to West Virginia.  It'll be tough, and we miss him tons, but he'll be such a good Missionary, and it will be so good for him.  I love you Jordan!!!

After we dropped Jordan off at the MTC we dropped Steph off at Mckenna's Grandparent's house so Mckenna could take her to the airport the next morning.  Needless to say I've been super bored!  I had a dance party by myself while I cleaned the bathroom, that's how bored I've been.  Other than that, I've just been working, which isn't too bad.  Anyway, it's late, so I'll have to write out Mine and Heidi's Saturday adventure in my next post, which will hopefully be tomorrow.

--Michelle--

No comments:

Post a Comment