Friday, February 4, 2011

A Crazy Week ....

This past week has been a little crazy. I've had three huge tests, and now I feel like I can finally breathe again. Saturday I took an online test for sign language, and I think it went really well. Tuesday I had my first test in Physiology, and I hope it went okay. I'd be ecstatic if I got a B. I've never studied that much for a test before. Saturday Kathy and I were home alone for most of the day. All we did was study, sing with the Ukulele occasionally, and make cinnamon rolls that didn't rise. I didn't leave the apartment until 6 that night for the adult session of Stake Conference. Needless to say, we were both going a little crazy. Wednesday I had a test in my 5200 class. I hope it went okay, but I'm not sure.

This week our receptionist at work is out, so I've been filling in a lot. Tuesday I sat on the phones for six hours straight. Six hours of answering phones and not moving makes you a little crazy. I definitely couldn't do it every day. I'm actually on the phones right now, and it's super slow. I've received four calls in an hour. I know you're all super jealous right now.

FHE was super fun this week. Stephanie gave a really good lesson on individual worth, and then we went to the Fine Arts building and played miniature golf through the building with tennis balls. I love that no one asked what we were doing :)

Ooh! Call number five just came in. Wow, it's slow today.

So the best thing that's been happening this week I can't really write about until Sunday . . . so you'll just have to wait. It's so good though, you should be excited, who ever 'you' is.

Wednesday was Rachel's 1/2 birthday. Stephanie made her an awesome cake shaped like a vacuum, because Rachel loves to vacuum. She was pretty excited. I'll post a picture next time when I have access to my pictures. Wednesday Rachel and I had quite the little adventure. So her hamster Aggie had a swollen face, so we took her to the vet. We went to the one in Richmond, which was super funny, because it's mostly a large animal vet clinic. Little Aggie had a check up, got a shot, as well as eye drops and an antibiotic. The cat at the vet decided I was her new best friend. I named her Gertrude. She was very nice, but I shouldn't have held her while wearing my black coat . . .

So tonight is the IWA girl's choice formal dance. Basically it's an excuse to get all dressed up and feel pretty :) I asked a super cute super nice boy in my ward, and I was way excited about it. I don't know him very well, but he's just a solid, good cute guy. Sadly he called last night and he's been super sick all week. He had a doctor's appointment today at home, so he can't go. Well shoot! Luckily he said we should do something next weekend, which is pretty sweet. He actually invited me to go hiking with him towards the beginning of the school year, but I was going boating and couldn't go, which I was pretty sad about. Of course with him not being able to go, I now have the dilemma of not having a date. Rachel and Rachelle kept suggesting all these different boys, including ones I had never met. All of my roommates asked someone they were at least slightly interested, and I definitely don't want to go with someone I don't know. The date's gonna be super fun, and I don't want to be with someone I don't know. So, I asked Mark to go with me. We're going as just friends, which really is awesome, because then it'll just be chill and fun. I don't have to worry about impressing anyone. I can be crazy and dance like an idiot if I want to :) He knows my date was sick and couldn't go, so it shouldn't be weird that I took him to the last dance. Well, we never actually went to the dance because the fire alarm was going off when we got there so we just left and went to Harry Potter.

Wow, there have been three good songs on the radio in a row. That never happens! This is amazing.

So, two people just walked into the front office and left cheese and crackers on the desk . . . . but they didn't say who it's for . . . odd. hmmm

There are so many funny people at work. I just spent a few minutes talking with this guy named Sai. He's pretty funny, he asked me if I liked American Idol. Good times at work, good times :)

So I go from no calls to four at once. I think they must coordinate it. The last person asked if you took Hunter Safety here, um, that would be a no, hahahaha.

So I found a girl on Youtube who is AMAZING! Her name's Jayme Dee, look her up. Her original song 'Love Whiplash' has been on constant repeat for the last two days.

Well I'm pretty sure this is super boring . . . I'll post again this weekend about the dance and the other thing I mentioned. :)

~Michelle~

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you make me happy :) CONGRATS on your test score!! That's so great!

    ReplyDelete