Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread Adventures and Missing People

This past weekend was really good. Saturday I was really, really happy, for no particular reason.I cleaned my room, read a book (The List - Go read it), went shopping with my family, and then came home. I then went over to Mitch's apartment with Stacy and Steve. We ran to Best Buy, Jamba, and then Smith's to get supplies for Gingerbread houses. We baked legit gingerbread, it was pretty sweet. We watched the movie 21, and then stayed there until 2:30am (not super smart). But we did have a pretty good conversation. 

 Sunday we had church at 10 (Amazing) because we were combined with three other wards. I then went home and wrapped presents for 2 hours for my mom, and then had dinner with my family. When I got home we went back over to Mitch's and built and decorated our gingerbread house.




Spoons for support!




Beautiful!

This is from our Roommate Gift exchange

I also build Gingerbread houses last week with the Lewis's :)

Cory's spike windows :)

Beauty!


Love them!

Them too!


We're pretty cool :)

Today's been a little different. For some reason I woke up at 1:30 in the morning from a dream that just left me feeling awful. It took me about a half hour to fall back asleep again, and that was after listening to Church music and reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon. The rest of the day has been just a little weird, I guess I'm feeling a little discouraged. Work was fine (I actually finished another book), and I've been watching Megan while my parents went to test drive a car. I really don't like days when I feel like this. It makes me feel ungrateful for all the many blessings I do have. Do you ever feel like you're putting on a face for other people? I kinda feel like that today - I'm acting happy because some people think I always am.

I rediscovered this song today, and I'm a bit addicted again. It's the perfect song for a day like this.


Today I've really been missing people. Jordan and Kathy are on missions, Rachelle's home, Rachel's getting married, Mckenna's getting married, Aubree's having a baby, and someone else just isn't ever around anymore. I miss the really great conversations I'd have with all of them. Don't get me wrong, I have great conversations with my friends now (especially Paula :D - love her to death), but my current group of friends doesn't ever have the super good/deep conversations we had last year, which I miss so much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you were feeling icky. :( It's kind of lame, huh. I've been having a super weird week or two where I just feel really discouraged and lame, too. I hope you feel better! Call me, beep me, if you ever need me... ;)

    ReplyDelete