Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So this one time it was my Birthday

Yesterday was my 24th Birthday. Wow, 24 even looks old. Most people I meet think I'm 19 or 20 and then they get a little weirded out at my actual age. Oh well, I'm over it, hahaha.

Yesterday was pretty fantastic. I got a lovely voicemail of Mitch singing Happy Birthday at 6:15. I'm quite glad I was already awake. I had a 7:30 class where we got candy (which ended up being my breakfast, hahaha), and then I came to work to find my desk decorated with Sticky Notes and Hot Chocolate from Narnia, courtesy of Steph.

Mitch brought me the biggest cinnamon roll I've ever seen. Seriously, it was the size of my face and weighed like three pounds.


My phone was buzzing all day with texts and facebook notifications from all my wonderful family and friends. Seriously, there's nothing like getting 50 notifications on facebok to make you feel good about yourself.

Mckenna, Elina, and Steph took me to lunch at Mandarine Garden. I ate way too much food, and Mckenna gave me some super cute things for my kitchen. Those three are seriously some of my favorite people in the world. Love them to death!

One of my best friends Kaylee wrote this blog post about me for my birthday. It is the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful thing anyone has ever written! I seriously couldn't stop smiling after I wrote it. This is why we've been friends for half our lives. She's pretty much the coolest person ever, and it is one of the best birthday presents I've ever received.

When I got home from work I walked into find my apartment decorated for my Birthday. Stacy and Kendyl had blown up 88 balloons and hung a banner and star/streamer things. I seriously felt so loved and special that they took the time and thought to do it :) Best roommate and friend ever :)

 I was really glad I made my bed that morning


I then went to dinner with my Mom, Steph and Megan. We ate at El Toro which was amazing as usual. You also get free dessert on your Birthday which is a definite plus.


After dinner we came back to my apartment for cake and ice cream with friends. We ate lots of cake and ice cream and played Pin the Tail on the Donkey because we're awesome like that. Kayla gave me a super cute nail polish bag and two new colors, Steph and Meggie gave me super cute shoes, Stacy gave me Dove chocolates and a gift card to Maruices (my favorite store!), and my mom gave me a scarf and an insert for my new bedspread.


Everyone looks great except Steph . . . 

So much awkwardness . . . 

 Yay! A good one!
 More awkwardness . . .
 Cat, Kendyl, Kayla and Stacy

This is the birthday card Cody got me. I'm actually really impressed he remembered it was my birthday. He also gave it to me two days in advance because he wasn't going to be home. It's definitely the humor of an 18 year old boy.

Overall it was a fantastic day. I felt incredibly loved. I have the best friends and family in the world.


1 comment: