Tuesday, August 30, 2011

End of Summer

I've been a terrible blogger this summer, I really have. It's not like I've been super busy either, I just haven't actually done it.  Here's a quick wrap of of my life recently, hopefully I get more consistent. That is if we ever get the Internet at our house.

The last few weeks we've been boating a tons, which is so much fun. I seriously love it so much. We got Elina up on the wake board and Heidi on skis, and the both loved it tons. We also took Daniel, Caleb and Todd (two different trips), which was tons of fun. Hopefully we'll go this week, and Mark'll be able to go with us.  We also played mud volleyball a couple weeks ago with my Dad's ward for FHE, which was awesome. Tons of clean up, but well worth it.  Steph and I went to a Parachute concert in Park City, which also had Michelle Branch and The Goo Goo Dolls. It was pretty sweet :)

On Sunday I went to my new ward for the first time, which was strange. I didn't know anyone! It's quite a strange feeling.  Plus our ward meets at 1:30, which is practically the worst time ever. I guess we'll never have an excuse to be late! After church I then drove to Prove to pick up Mark who was driving back from Kansas. I made it to Provo in an hour and fifty minutes, which I must say is pretty impressive :) The ride home was tons of fun. It was way good to actually see him and catch up on life.  When we hit about Ogden the little battery light started glowing in my car. My battery's only 1 1/2 years old, so it shouldn't be having any problems. We stopped at Angie's so Mark could say hi to his sister, and then I dropped him off at his other sister's apartment where all his stuff was. Sadly this is where my car died. Apparently the alternator is dead, which is just lovely. I'm pretty sure my car hates me. We've already put $1800 into it this year, it's getting a bit ridiculous. So I've been bumming rides off people this week, which makes me feel lame.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I moved out last week! I'm living with Elina, Stacy, Paula, Rachel, and another girl names Stacey I just met yesterday. So far it's been great. We didn't get electricity until Thursday or hot water until Friday, but it's been pretty good. We have tons of space, and Paula and I are working on making our little house adorable. Every thing's a little quirky and crooked, but it makes it all the more fun. My shower is super tiny though. I practically have to pull my knee to my face to shave. TMI, I know :)  I'm sharing a room with Elina, which actually used to be a garage. It has a sparkly popcorn ceiling that Cody is convinces is asbestos. We also have our own entrance to the outside, which is awesome. We don't have any air conditioning, which is a bit of a downer. Luckily my mom gave us a fan we named Oscar. He's a bit temperamental, but he's saving us from the heat.  Pictures will be posted when we get the Internet to our little house.

It's been a bit strange with school starting and I'm not going. People are talking about campus activities and classes and meeting people, but I'm not doing any of it. I feel so old!!! Right now I'm wishing I'd either taken another year to graduate, or was starting grad school right now. Is it sad I'm going through school with drawls? I'm a nerd, I know. I've always loved school, and it's all I've ever done, so I kinda feel a little lost right now. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what I want to do with my life soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment