Monday, January 24, 2011

As of Late . . .

This past week has been super eventful, and tons of fun. A week ago Saturday we went and played Sardines in the Fine Arts Building. EPIC is the only way to describe it :) When Rachelle as it she hid in this super creepy shower in the theater department. It totally looks like one of those showers for a horror movie.
Last Monday we went to my house my house and shot trap. I only missed one, and was quite proud of myself :) We also went swing dancing, which was way fun.

Todd decided it was a good idea to turn our entire apartment upside down . . .

Wednesday we had a 'Girl's night' and did our nails and other such girly things

Thursday we were trying to figure out something exciting to do, and somehow we decided to jump into First Dam . . . . at 10:30 at night, in the middle of January. There was ice on the edge of the water, which was definitely comforting ;) I was super excited until we actually got onto the dock, and then I kinda freaked out, as evidenced below :)

Friday we went to the Institute activity and then played Sardines again. Saturday was definitly an interesting day. I went out to my house around three to do laundry and help Steph make Mark's 1/2 birthday cake. Everyone else was coming out around 6 to have pizza and make fried icecream. However, right as they were driving up to the house, the power went out. Our power NEVER goes out. It was exciting for a little bit, until it was out for 3 1/2 hours. So, we had a cake in the oven, couldn't bake our pizzas, and our icecream wasn't getting hard enough to fry. We actually had a ton of fun though. We were starving, but we were determined to eat our pizza. We played Ticket to Ride in the dark, and just hung out. Why was the power our for so long you may ask? Apparently our telephone pole was on fire!! I have no idea how that happened, but someone called saying our pole was on fire, and the power company went and put of the fire. We finally got power around 9:30, and we were able to eat our pizza. It was definitely worth the wait. Since we weren't able to do the ice cream, we came back out to my house Sunday afternoon. After church (which was super good, my ward is absolutely amazing), I went home to finish Mark's cake with Steph. It turned out pretty freaking awesome, I must say. The best one we've done by far. We also were able to finish our fried icecream, which was awesome. A lot of work, but fun every once in a while. Who wouldn't want a Minion cake?
Tonight for FHE we were combined with another family from our ward and we met at the Stake Presiden'ts home. The lesson was AMAZING. Rachel and Mark did such a good job on it. The spirit in the room was so awesome. There are seriously the strongest, most incredible, spiritual people I know in my ward. Our lesson was on building your relationships with others. I can't even describe the feeling that was there. It related a lot to the discussion we had last night with Parker, who's Rachelle and Heidi's hometeacher. He came over last night and asked all of us to stay for the lesson. Lesson's like last night's and tonight's help me to put things in perspective, and remember what matters most in life. At times I seem to lose focus of what's really important in life. As long as I put God first and trust in him, everything will work out how it's supposed to, even if I can't see it now.
Song of the Day:
So, this blog has taken much longer to write than I though because I've been having a comment war with my roommmates and Mark on fb. It's quite entertaining, I must say. Somehow we got from my love for Rachel to olives . . .
Anway, I have Physiology in the morning (yuck) and I really should go to bed at a decent hour, so farewell whoever may read this :)
~Michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment