Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break and Pi Day

2012 Spring Break isn't nearly as epic as 2011's Spring Break, probably because last year I was in Cali, and this year I'm just working. But, we have still had some fun adventures.

Friday: We went to eat at Pita Pit (conveniently I had a free coupon - win!) and then we went out to my house to play Just Dance, which we did for hours. I was so exhausted after, but it was so much fun.

Saturday: Paula, Stacy, and I went down to Layton to go shopping. It was a very fun trip, and I got a super cute dress, a belt for $5, some perfume, a cardigan, and a tank top for $2. Yay! That night we went with the other Stacey to see The Lorax. It was super good, but I would've preferred to not see it in 3D, because no movie is worth $10.

Sunday: We had a pretty chill Sunday. My mom and Steph were out of town, so I went home and made dinner for my Dad, Megan, and Cody. After I got back we went over to Mitch's apartment and had ice cream and watched a movie.

Monday: I worked all day, and then we went to two FHEs :) Our ward's FHE was at a park out in Hyrum. We had hot dogs and just hung out. After that, we went out to Paula's old Bishop's house for their FHE. (He invited us, it's not as weird as it sounds ;d) His house is gorgeous!!! It's huge and over looks Hyrum Dam. He also has a recording studio in his basement, which is so awesome. We had pizza there, so two free meals in one night!

Tuesday: Again I worked, and then came home and made dinner and all that fun stuff like grocery shopping. Paula, Steph, and I then went to help Mitch with a project for his Concrete Canoe team. They're making a bear as their mascot, so they had this huge bear that they'd carved out of Styrofoam, and then we were covering it with fake fur. It actually looks pretty legit, which is awesome. I'll have to put up some pictures when I get them. I still have glue all over my hands, which is the one downer of the night. Afterwards we went to Zeppe's to celebrate all our hard work. Mitch's was about twice the size of everybody else's, hahaha.


Wednesday: 3.14 - PIE!!! After work I made these crepes from the Traveling Triplets blog. They were pretty good, so I hope they're as good today as they were yesterday. Because it was PIE day, we decided that we had to eat pie. Paula and I got two pies from Lee's, the Marie Callendar frozen ones. We got home at 8:15, and told people to come over at 8:30. Bad plan .. . . we didn't realize how FROZEN the pies actually were! In order to thaw them, you're supposed to leave them in the fridge overnight. We couldn't do that! It's PIE day after all, and gosh darn it, we're gonna eat pie! The 'quick thaw' method was two slice the pie and put each individual piece on a place and put it in the fridge for 1 1/2 -2 hours. Nope, not gonna work either. So we improvised. We turned our stove burners on low and put the pies on them. Meanwhile we worked hard at slicing the very frozen pie.



Yep, I totally went through the bottom . . .woops. We didn't eat it until 9:30, and it was still delicious even though it was half frozen :) We then played a couple rounds of 9 Down. We know how to through a wild party ;)

I almost forgot! I haven't blogged about Paula's 3/4 surprise Birthday Party.  So we're terrible friends and missed Paula's 1/2 birthday, so we decided to throw her a surprise 3/4 birthday. She was super surprised, needless to say. We had balloons, streamers, presents, and tons of friends over. Steph also made a super awesome cake :) It was overall a success!!!



PS I made the perfect grilled cheese sandwich the other day, thought you'd want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment